Well we made it Grandma Bev's on Sunday afternoon. It was a long drive to say the least. Friday went by pretty good. The movers showed up just before 9 am. They had 3 guys and the driver so it went pretty quick. They were done by about 11:30. We had 162 pieces that went on the truck. I had no idea we had so much stuff. Even after getting rid of a bunch of stuff. After the movers left we still had alot to do. Packing all the stuff into my car and Dan's truck that was left over (we ran out of boxes), and throwing away the rest of the stuff we didn't want. We finally turned over our keys at about 3:30. We were officially homeless, we didn't take over our lease officially until today. On the road during rush hour traffic we made it down to Portland by about 7:30. Exhausted we found a Best Western and found some dinner.
We were back on the road at 7 am Saturday. It was a long day to say the least. By noon I was going cross eyed. I hate driving through Oregon its so long and never ending. We finally made it to Ca and silly me pulled over on the side of the road to get Phedora to stop throwing a fit. Well a few miles up the road Dan is calling me telling me to pull over. Apparently, I ran over something that gave me a flat tire. Luckily for us we were just passing through Weed, Ca and there was a Les Schwabb 5 miles down the road. Of course it was the front tire with a flat. So Dan had to put the spare on the rear and the rear on the front and it was HOT! So we head up to Les Schwabb were we buy 2 new tires for the front. Back on the road by 4:30. Trecking on we made it a little town called Willow, Ca. We stayed here on our way back after Christmas and never thought we would be back. But here we were unable to go on any farther.
Back on the road Sunday morning. It was a pretty uneventful day. Thank goodness for that. We made it in once again exhausted at about 4:30. All in all a good day though. We didn't figure we would get here until at least 6.
Monday we went with Grandma Bev to this little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant for the best ever huevos rancheros. I have never had them before but they were really good. I ate all of mine plus some of Phedora's. Afterwards we went over and spent the day with G&G. We had a good time visiting with them and Aunt Janice and Gabriel. We went out to dinner with Uncle Richard and I had some really yummy chicken marsala. I love coming to Ca we always have wonderful food.
Now for today.... Dan was up at 5 on the road at 6 to Arizona. Today was the big day. We got the keys to our new house. We are no longer homeless. With Dan gone Grandma Bev, the kids and I went over to the Long Beach Aquarium. The kids had a great time seeing all the fish, especially the Nemo's and Dory's. They also got to feel the sea urchins and star fish. If only their little arms were a bit longer they could have touched the sharks and rays.
Afterwards we went over to Islands for lunch. I had a delicious Maui Burger and ate it all. I swear I gain a ton of weight every time I come down. After lunch we came home and I got on the phone with T-Mobile. Yesterday afternoon I all of a sudden couldn't make any calls. But I could still receive calls. So after a half hour on the phone they send me to a T-Mobile store to try my SIM card in another phone. If that works then I need a new phone if not then its the network. So off to a T-Mobile store. Only to find out that I need a new phone. Oh Yeah!
It's been a while
13 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment