CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Our New Playgroup

We have been trying to find a good, active playgroup since before we even got here. We have joined and left at least 3 playgroups. For whatever reason all the ones we found never did anything. We were looking for a playgroup that regularly gets together. You would think that would be easy to find, but alas it wasn't. Well Monday I decided to take a look yet again. I went over to meetup and looked there. I found a group called Chandler Mommies. They have a yearly fee, I have always disliked meetup because you have to pay to use their site. This group is a mere $8 a year so I decide OK lets take a look at it. To look you have to join so I join. I go look at their calendar and its filled with things to do. At least 3 days a week of activities and people are actually going to be at the events. On meetup you RSVP and I do like that about the group. So yesterday, we went to our first meet up. It was at Chuparosa Park.


Chuparosa Park is about 10 minutes south of us and is a good sized park. They have a huge playground that is covered. Making it the playground we will go to for our fun in the summer. There is at least 10 swings a sand area and a little spray pad. Now when I say little I mean little. This is of course compared to Espee which is a good sized spray pad.

We got to the park a few minutes early and headed over. The kids were immediately in the water playing. At 10 in the morning its already 90 degrees out so the water was the clear choice. There was a few other moms there but only one was from the Chandler mommies group. I have to say I was proud of myself as I went over and asked them if they were from the group. The only person who was from the group was Liz. Liz has a 4 1/2 year old son named Nathan and almost 2 year old son named Joeseph. Nathan and Hayden had a great time playing and Hayden even invited him over for a sleep over last night. It was cute, but he really needs to learn to ask me first.

The other moms and dad showed up a bit later and they were all very welcoming and friendly. I have never felt as comfortable at a playdate on the first visit as I did yesterday. I am so glad that I decided to give them a chance and go. I think that we have found our new playgroup! Here's a few pics from the park. The kids had a great time.
The water pools up since theres only one drain. So its like a wading pool as well.
You cant catch me.... Of course we have to swing as high as we can!
You cant really see but they are both climbing the ladder.

Hayden with his new friends. Nathan is the one next to him and I can't remember the other little boys name. Nathan trying to wipe wet sand on Hayden.

No comments: